Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2013, 11:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear gr8ful,

I would love to respond to your post but I am afraid it may sound political no matter how hard I attempt to keep it out.

What I can say is that my primary care physician left his practice. I have paid for my own health insurance coverage, an individual policy for 40 years. I am NOT eligible for any subsidy unless I drop my insurance and go into an exchange. The cheapest exchange plan will only cover 60% of my incurred expenses. I would be responsible for 40% of everything. One short hospital stay could wipe me out completely and then some. I do not know what deductible would be involved. I would lose my drug benefit which would cost me over $1200 per month. No matter how high my current insurance will continue to climb, it will still be better than the alternative.

I have tried to state JUST my personal situation, NOT any "opinion" to avoid any issues to have my post removed.

You mentioned a lot of "suppose to's". Well, I am not sure things are turning out like they are "suppose" to. Good luck to everyone here with health care needs. Dealing with our illnesses is hard enough. I have several doctors and am thankful for them. I just hope I will not see any more loss of my docs.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote