View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Perhaps Hubby can get up with some canned "air" of the sort used for dusting electronics and spritz the detectors against the possibility of dust motes setting off your detectors. Also, if they have over ten years age, they can fail and require replacing as a lot anyway. This is not something which would have been triggered by your recharge sequence. Gosh, if recharging tripped them, then how about your cell phones in recharge mode or your landline phones [if you have them] which are wireless and sit in recharging cradles......

Oughta check out those detectors.....

Yup.
I will definitely try the canned air (ok, I'll have hubby get right on it )--that's a great idea! The alarms are actually only about 5 yrs old, we replaced the "contractor grade" alarms that were initially installed, so hopefully the canned air will do the trick. We do have 4 cats, and vacuuming has dropped to the lower end of the list of chores while hubby has to do it all during recovery (not that I could vacuum before, that was his, but he has some more important of my chores to take over...you know, things like laundry, groceries!).

The good news is that I tried recharging again Monday and was able to get almost 100% recharged without any further alarming incidents! I talked to the rep about it Monday and she said another possibility might be an interaction between the staples and the recharger; I looked up my smoke alarm details and it's the type that detects ions, so if there was a reaction it may not have been detectable by me but the smoke alarm may have caught it. Either way, I got a good charge session in and then they took the staples out Monday, so I should be good to go!

Thanks so much!
jen7009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (10-10-2013), MessyMark (10-09-2013), Rrae (10-15-2013)