View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 08:51 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janke View Post
And it is also true that scaring the most vulnerable, seniors and disabled with a sky is falling scenerio, is a really good way for a politician to get what he or she wants.

Social Security is still a pay-as-you go system taking in enough revenue to cover the outgo. The executive branch would have to make a deliberate decision not to pay out the money it is collecting. And why would they do that except to pretend that it is their opponents fault.

If all they do is continue to increase the debt without taking action to reduce the spending, every part of our society will start to crumble eventually.

I currently belong to a self-proclaimed party - the VOAI - Vote Out All Incumbents. That is my plan.
And I just read that the date they are giving people (October 17th) is not the actual date. The article I just read in the Daily News indicated it's November 1st. So we are NOT being told remotely what is the actual truth. What is happening to our society? And on the front page of the Daily News they show the families of our fallen soldiers not receiving death benefits. OMG. They fought for this country and the families can't bury them yet? GOOD GOD. Hard to fathom.

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote