View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:17 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Allergic to Trileptal

I have what neurologist says is an atypical neuralgia involving my tongue and throat. Sometimes i get pain in my ear as well. It's been going on for about 6 months. i was on Lyrica for fibromyalgia but it didn't do anything for the nerve pain. Over the last few weeks the doctor weaned me off Lyrica while starting Trileptal. I have had bad reactions during this process, involving severe depression, itching, nausea and generally feeling like mud. He even tried stopping the Trileptal for a couple of doses once I was totally off the Lyrica, but the symptoms came right back. I'm very concerned that i could have a life threatening allergic episode. I don't know what is going to happen next. I have already lost my job due to this as well as the ability to have a normal conversation. I will be losing my home in the next few months having to move into low income housing to survive.
I have a call into my doctor to discuss all this. And yes, I do have access to mental health services, but they just cancelled my appointment and set it up for next month.
Dragonlilly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote