Thread: Obama Care
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hopeless,
Are you saying there are no plans on the exchange that will cover more than 60% of your medical expenses? I believe you but why is that? If you are paying the full cost of your insurance and everything has been OK for years then what caused the situation to change? I thought you should be able to go on the exchange and buy a similar plan. You said the cheapest exchange plan will only cover 60%, what about the most expensive plan on the exchange? Aren't you able to buy a good plan through the exchange? Supposedly the exchanges are administered by the feds but the plans are whatever the insurance companies choose to offer. Your insurance company has been offered your plan for 40 years. Why aren't they offering the same plan on the exchange?

StephC,
I guess I have the same question. Are you able to get a similar plan on the exchange for a similar monthly cost? The exchanges are supposed to be a place where your insurance company offers various plans. The government doesn't offer plans, your insurance company does. Why wouldn't you be able to get a good plan at a cost similar to what you are paying now? Why wouldn't you be able to get the same plan you have now through the exchange?

The exchanges are supposed to just be a place where individuals can go as individuals and be treated as if they were part of a group. They would be offered the same plans as a group and pay the same cost as group member. It doesn't make sense that someone who is willing to pay the full cost of a comprehensive plan wouldn't be able to find a good plan on the exchange. Could it be that your current insurance company sells your current plan if you buy it through the exchange? Maybe you have to switch companies but there is a similar plan through the exchange?

I hope everyone finds a plan that works for their needs. It doesn't bode well for anyone if the insurance companies start denying coverage for things they've covered in the past.
gr8ful is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote