Thread: Flu Shot
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brambledog View Post
Whooooooaa. I wasn't having a go at you. I was just making it clear that my post wasn't meant to be interpreted as a 100% 'I believe the flu shot is the only choice'. Of course docs and pharma companies have an agenda. And of course the MMR situation is different.

I've never had a go at anyone on these boards, because we are all in the same boat and I could never be aggressive about a difference of opinion.

Bram.
I wasn't having a go at you either. Just responding to your message directed toward my post. Your opinion is clear but I feel strongly that offering a live vaccine (nasally) is a risky scenario for some individuals. I think it is better to think about our individual exposure as well as the risk of exposure to others and personal circumstances before choosing. The CDC makes it very clear that especially the live vaccine(which is the nasal type) should only be given to healthy individuals from 2-49 that right there tells me caution is warranted. "This form of the vaccine is given through the nose and is recommended for healthy children and adults, aged 2 to 49 years"
The injected vaccine only prevents certain strains and does not make one immune to all.

The thousands of people who die every year (which is sad) is compromised more so sadly by the aging population living in nursing homes, hospitals, assisted living and the very young who have not had a chance to build the antibodies. It is much less likely (unless of course you live and work with those who are ill, use public transportation etc.,) for you to die of having had the flu.

I am not for it or against it - I just don't personally believe everyone needs to have it.
zookester is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (10-09-2013)