Thread: Flu Shot
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 06:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Renee
The injected flu vaccine is absolutely 100% not live. It will not give you flu. I don't know what other information you and especially your husband could be directed to in order to convince you both of this. The pharmaceutical industry simply couldn't "lie" about this - given that these vaccines are manufactured by multiple companies and administered to hundreds of millions of people every year all over globe, if it turned out that it was even the tiniest bit alive, this would be quickly discovered! I guess I don't understand the fear you have of an attenuated (weakened) live virus vaccine either. It isn't going to infect you with flu or anything else. What is it that you are worried about?

Unless your son is a healthcare worker, has a compromised immune system, or has one of the other myriad of medical conditions that are indicated for vaccination (or he is in close day to day contact with someone who is in one of the affected groups) then he doesn't need it. His body is young and fit enough to do the job it is supposed to do and fight the virus by itself. That is what his immune system is meant to do and he will be all the healthier and robust for fighting off any infection he does get.
Neurochic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
RSD ME (10-09-2013)