Thread: Flu Shot
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2013, 07:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I remember my pm dr telling me that the risks of getting an infection from a Neurostimulator were small. I told him so were the chances of getting rsd from surgery, but I got it anyway. That's why my neurologist and gp said they didn't think it was a good idea to get it. I decided not to get that done. My point is, if the chances of getting infected by the live vaccince are small, they are still there, and that concerns me.
It's just like when my son's pediatrician said that the chances of getting polio from the polio nasal mist were small but were still there because they were live. I still had him get it, but was scared too. But since his immune system wasn't compromised and he was healthy, I had it done.
My mother who is 81 got really sick after receiving the flu vaccine when the swine flu was first combined with it. That's when my husband and I stopped getting it. We were wary because the swine flu vaccine was so new and because my mom got so sick. She got the flu shot this year and was okay, but she doesn't have a weakend immune system either. I appreciate all of your advice, but it's scary still to me. Even needles scare me now because after I got them from my accupunturist I got rsd spread. I don't want everyone to get upset over this either though. I didn't realized there was such controversy over this. I'm getting stressed out more by seeing all of you get stressed out. I feel responsible and I'm sorry. That wasn't my intention.

Last edited by RSD ME; 10-09-2013 at 10:46 PM.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
zookester (10-09-2013)