View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 12:35 PM
anon6715

anon6715

Default I made it through my flights and arrived safely

Hi everyone. I took two flights yesterday, the first of which was rather long (10 hours). It wasn't pleasant but I am okay. I wore my compression glove and heat packs (wrist and shoulder). Of course, I took meds too.

I had arranged for assistance when I changed planes. Since I entered the US on the first flight, I had to collect my bag and go through customs. I definitely needed help with that. It seems the only type of assistance the airline understands is wheelchair assistance, so that is what I had.

I know this is wrong, awful really, but I felt embarrassed being in the wheelchair. I would never even think of judging anyone in a wheelchair or think badly of them in any way. I think what bothered me is that I know my legs are fine. So far, the CRPS is just in my arm. But I am in pain and I could never have handled the bag by myself. Having the assistance also meant I didn't have to wait in the very long customs line. That would really have taken it out of me, I have to say. The guy helping me wasn't very nice though. The first thing he said was to ask my name. I told him. The very next thing out of his mouth was "I have been waiting for you for an hour and a half." Now, my plane was not late, certainly not an hour and a half late. Just so rude. I guess he was trying to increase his tip.

I am just relaxing today and will be doing the same tomorrow. I hope everyone else is having a low pain day today.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nanc (10-10-2013)