View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 02:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Emmalucy,

You need to see the dentist again. You obviously had infection in the bone and there is no way anyone on the internet can tell you whether you still have infection or not.

Antibiotics generally take 24 to 48 hours to get into the blood stream and take hold of the infection. You then need to stay on them long enough to kill the bacteria. So you may need additional medication.

Your intense pain is not normal if the bone were healthy. If the oral surgeon will not see you, then get in to see a different oral surgeon.

I hope you get relief soon.

Bryanna

Hi Bryanna,

So I took your advice and revisited the surgery today, my usual dentist wasn't available but I saw another.

She took out Monday's dressing (awful smell), cleaned the site and redressed it, before prescribing a further five days of Amoxicillin. She wanted to anaesthetise me but I declined as it couldn't be any more painful than it already was.

This evening, whilst eating supper, the dressing came out. But it feels better? I'm not in pain!! The painkillers are working!!

I'm just wondering if this is alright or if I should return tomorrow to get another dressing put in?

Thank you

Emma Lucy
Emmalucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote