View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
I don't really have any what you would call truly "good' days anymore. It is hard to not get terribly discouraged and depressed. I used to turn to art to help, but my inspiration and desire are almost gone. I haven't posted new paintings here because I haven't done any for so long.

I got discouraging news when my doctor added peripheral neuropathy back into my diagnosis of transverse myelitis. And now I am showing possible signs of slightly elevated blood sugar. Oh, goody, as if my dietary restrictions because of Crohn's and my cranky j-pouch aren't enough. I can't do fresh, raw fruits and vegetables, have to skin apples, pears, peaches to eat them, and can't tolerate fiber and roughage. I live on processed food because that is what my digestive system can handle. My blood values are always okay, with no deficiencies. I have hernias and adhesions that my surgeons urged putting off surgical correction for as long as possible due to its degree of difficulty and how fast I am likely to grow back more and worse scar tissue.

But it is my spirit I am seeking prayer for. When I can no longer move forward to begin a new painting, I know I need outside help. I have had a couple of friends pray me through tight spots, and I know I can feel it when they do. Answers to prayer can come in amazing little packages . . . today it was a lovely songbird reminding me of my friends on Facebook and their love.

I have many things to be thankful for, but at those exact moments when the pain hits 10+ that I feel so much despair. It is at those times that I know I need prayer . . .
Hey lefthanded,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. But I was wondering if you have ever considered meditation? Or some other form of spirituality? I have been meditating for quite some time and I haven't lost motivation or inspiration since I have started. I find that it always gives me new food for thought.

Maybe if you try some sort of spirituality you will be able to find the inspiration and joy that you seek.

Cheers
lsamson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote