View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 05:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Short Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker1988 View Post
I've had tramadol 50mg for pain (I have MS), and sometimes my muscles get hurting along with headaches etc....Tylenol and Ibuprofen do not work for me at all. I also have gabapentin (neurotin) for nerve pain.

Has anyone had experience with Tramadol and did it help you?
Hi Skywalker,

I have a lot of trouble with any type of pain med, very intolerant. Makes living with pain even harder since there is so little I can take for it. I was given Tramadol for the first time ever about a week or two ago. It really did help knock the pain down several levels. I was only on it for a short time and had some side effects that my body may have been able to adjust to if I were to stay on it longer. Made me dizzy, lightheaded, fuzzy head feeling, felt like I was going to faint a few times, cold sweats, some weakness, a few minor waves of nausea, but the effects on the pain were well worth the side effects. Did NOT make me drowsy. In fact, it may have slightly interferred with my sleep. I was taking 50 mg three times per day. It was given to me to get me through an acute episode of pain. Took for about 10 days. The last few days, I cut the pill in half and only took 25 mg when my pain was getting under control.

I have been given various pain meds over the years and Tramadol was the first one that I ever took with the least side effects. Personally, I found it a very beneficial med for pain relief.

I do not know how well it performs on a long term basis. I think it may lose some of its pain relief benefits over a LONG time period. Not sure.

Hope my experience is of some help to you.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote