View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 07:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Some thoughts for you

Hi Greg,

Wow, what a difficult situation for all here. It's clear how much you care for your Mom and I'm glad you are all together in dealing with this. It's probably pretty depressing for her, for sure. I'd try to do whatever possible to make her comfortable.. if she is open or could be convinced to accept some physical affection, I think it could be very therapeutic to have some hugs or cuddle time every day.. physical touch and oxytocin, released during physical contact, can be so healing. Babies who don't get physical touch don't thrive, and we adults are like that too. Also any music that she likes, decorating her room with pretty colours or images she likes to look at, watching funny or cute/sweet videos or anything that could make her smile or feel good for a little, sharing things like this with her, spending some time with her daily, in full loving compassion and presence will really help also.

Even if it doesn't cure what she's going through, it will really support her and help you and your wife to feel like you're doing all you can for her too. It is hard to watch a loved one suffer and to feel helpless, and family members often struggle to maintain an emotional connection when they feel trapped in these feelings, meanwhile the ill person may feel like a burden and feel depressed and alone, so it is hard to connect while everyone is feeling badly, but this is what is needed.

I don't know much about the condition, but my suggestions would be to see if you can take in some extra virgin coconut oil daily, morning and night, for a while.. it can melt at relatively low temperatures if she is able to swallow at all, or some wild salmon oil along with very nutrient dense foods, as much fresh, alive, deeply coloured foods as you can, like blended green drinks, etc. Also is your water fluoridated? Some people can have trouble with these kinds of things after a brain injury.

I also may be a bit "woo-woo" here but I have found that spiritual practices like prayer and meditation, alternative therapies, energy medicine and energy healing work like Reiki and things like this can be very helpful to the healing process, especially in people with very sensitive systems, and are very supportive to healing even if it is merely "the placebo effect" in action. Whatever works, I say! Another thing you could get for her is Bach Flower remedies, which can be applied transdermally as well as taken internally. These are highly effective homeopathic/energetic plant tinctures that cost about $12 bucks each at a health food store. It couldn't hurt to try.

It's clear how much love there is in your family, how important your Mom is to you, and that's worth so much.. she is lucky to have a son like you! I wish you all the best.

<3 T
TreeLover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote