View Single Post
Old 10-10-2013, 07:55 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you for taking the time to explain your story to me. This is just such a frightening experience to go through. I know a lady who was left in serious, chronic nerve pain after a botched dental surgery. It affected the rest of her life.

I do not think my pain was caused from dental work. As my first flair up was eight years ago. Although that was in a different place in my mouth. This time I was in severe pain for months and probably had a root canal that wasn't necessary. Or maybe it was. Who knows at this point! Interestingly it was on tooth #18, the mirror tooth that you had work done on. Anyways, my teeth are apparently fine now so here I am back to Trigeminal Neuralgia. I am trying Amitriptyline, as that was what worked last time. I am only at 20 mgs and still increasing it but so far I have good days and bad days. I have a referral to a Neurologist and am gathering as much info as I can.

Based on other people's experience, I believe mine is Atypical as well. My mother has TN and she has MS. I have had an MRI and everything looks good. I have never had any MS related symptoms. My great-grandmother also had TN.

I am only 37 and am a single mom with two jobs and a house to look after. Having chronic pain is really not easy to deal with when I have so many obligations. And it is really frightening.

All the best to you as well.
justjane37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (10-12-2013)