View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Awesome!

When I first got my RSD it was just my upper right torso and right arm and hand but I was practically a zombie for about a year, the pain was so bad I couldn't even talk, my breathing was so shallow that most days my husband came home he was scared when he saw me. I would be in bed and breathing so slowly to try to control the pain that I was motionless and he would see me and think I had died while he was at work. Just because your arm is the focus of you disability or diagnosis, does not mean that the rest of your body and abilities are 100%.

When I lived in AZ, my doctor wanted me to have handicap parking access. My doctor and Arizona's view on handicapped parking access is, if you have a disability and parking closer to allow easier access, so that you can function at your best qualifies you. It's about quality of life. You have to go to the grocery store... If you had to walk a long distance in a parking lot, might you decide that it was too much trouble to go to the grocery store, and possibly not go? If that is the case, you should have access to closer parking. You don't have to be visibly disabled to justify to others that you would benefit from that service. A great deal of pain can render you unable to do a lot of things and affect your ability to function and think. Try not to demonize your self for asking for the wheel chair and getting luggage help. Your using that service may have made a huge difference in how you felt when you arrived and how you will feel in the coming days.

Now, have an awesome time at your sister's wedding!!!
Sylmeister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon6715 (10-11-2013)