View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 07:28 AM
anon6715

anon6715

Thanks ladies! Bram and Syl, I know you are right. I am certain the wheelchair assistance made a big difference to the condition I was in when I arrived. And because I'm doing okay (not fabulous but manageable), I am able to participate in the final arrangements for the wedding.

It is such a big help to me to have you guys here telling me it is okay to have assistance. It is odd because I swear I have never been one to judge anyone else. I know if I saw me getting wheelchair assistance in the airport, I wouldn't think anything of it; I would just assume the person had a disability that wasn't clearly visible. Why is it so much harder when you are the person in the chair?

And Syl, you're right, the rest of me isn't 100%. And walking does hurt my arm. I guess it is the movement? I know standing in that massive customs line would have kicked my butt.

I can't tell you how much it helps to have you guys tell me I'm not being silly. I was raised to tough it out. When I was a kid, if I was sick or in pain, I was expected to not let it show. And if I did, then, well, I was in pain AND in trouble. So, I am struggling with it being okay to make any concessions to this stupid disease. Of course, I have no choice. I simply cannot carry on as if nothing is wrong because that just isn't physically possible.

I know I'm lucky though. I know the CRPS could be much worse than it is. I don't know if it will get worse, but I am so glad to be able to be here helping my sister sort things out for the wedding and to be her (aged) matron of honour.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (10-11-2013), RSD ME (10-12-2013)