View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 04:09 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question epidural catheter questions

since i last posted, my doctor and i decided to try a tunneled epidural catheter. i am having the procedure done on june 6th, right after i finish up my summer class. he says that i have lost a significant amount of muscle in my bad leg, and that this will allow me to do the therapy needed to build it back up. i am willing to try anything, but i guess i dont fully understand much about the procedure. he didnt go into that much detail, so what im wondering is what will he be doing? i dont know if hes going to cut me open or what! so im kinda getting freaked out. i know ill be in the hospital for a few days, but i love hospital food so i guess it wont be too terrible.

i just got a call for an accounting internship (just finished up my junior year of college) and i have an interview next week. im wondering if this catheter will prevent me from mentally performing at the best of my ability? i know i will be on pain meds but i dont know how this will affect my ability to work with numbers and stuff. have any of you ever had this procedure done? and if so, did it make your brain turn to mush? i guess im just afraid that if i DO get this job, i wont be able to think straight and they'll wonder why they hired me.

one more thing... because lyrica hasnt been working AT ALL, my doctor told me to wean off of it and i followed all of his instructions in doing so. ever since i stopped taking it completely, i havent been able to sleep. and im the type of person that usually sleeps between 8-10 hours a night!! no matter what i take... nyquil, tylenol pm... i just cant sleep!! its the worst thing ever. and i have been feeling hot and cold.. almost like i have a cold or something, but then the symptoms seem to go away. maybe im sick? maybe im not? any ideas?
qtkatie013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote