View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 05:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theta Z View Post
... and in general, feeling "I'm back", and that I "have my life back" ... Alleluia. Wow. It's so good to be back to feeling again like myself again

I continue to be doing very well with the Aricept (donzepil) over these 2 months now. My cognitive functioning is so improved; cognitive executive functioning is *majorly* improved.

I continue meditation 2 x daily, yoga stretches, meet w/ a group meditation weekly -- which helps greatly with the practice. I use lavender epsom salts in my daily bath, 1-2 x daily, which is both relaxing for me (cheap on sale @ Walgreens) plus helps with the physical aches&pains. (It's still 'hot' Down Here on the Gulf Coast, so 'sweaty' still happens when out-&-about during the day, thus I often bathe before bedtime again, to relax & refresh. )

I'm 4yrs out from the rear-ended MVC which majorly altered my life 2008. [ Note: I had one 'good year' (2011) in these post-injured 4 years.] I didn't know it at the time ... I 'overdid' it last year 2011 when I was doing well --- in the effort to do whatever I could do/was newly-again-capable-to-do . I truly thought that I was 'resting' appropriately to 'balance' the increased activity, the 'busyness' of requirements of ordinary everyday life & 'have a life' again, Alleuia.

Yet nonetheless proved 'too much' for me it seems now in retrospect; I could not sustain it. Jan. 2012 I was rendered 'dysfunctional' yet again. "Stop. Do not cross 'Go' !!" --- for 9 months. 9 months of 'quiet rest', social isolation, no activity outdoors ... because I was incapable of anything more. (No fun, for certain.) While I may perhaps be 'fortunate' that I live alone, it was 'no picnic' living with only my own mind, as I've posted previously on here. ) Thus the move to more intensive meditation, to increase my capability to cope/ to deal with 'it all', as life now is.

So I'm walking lil doggies, housesitting-petsitting, & a little personal chef cookery for elders each week. (Thai & Indonesian is my specialty; & I'll cook anything ... now that "Theta CAN cook" again, yes!)

My 'enduring lamaise' is a daily count-on-it severe fatigue --- w/or w/o any activity or exertion --- can come over me by 9-10 am morning/before noon, and especially by 1pm. It's like "I just cannot keep my eyes open another second", "I've just gotta-lie-down-&-nap/sleep" --- yet no way if I attempt to do so am I actually able to 'nap'. I was helped last year by rx'd Provigil/Nuvigil (modafinil) --- but that doesn't feel in order for now. So, I muddle on through my days, glad to be as well as I am.

"The Challenge" remains of course to be always mindful of my capacities of the moment, the day, & 'to do' what it is that I set-out to do, i.e. meet my commitments in such a way that I do not over-exhaust my self and 'blow it' & my by-now 'admitted limitations'. I am in no way capable or competent to be doing what&how I was prior to MVC 4 yrs ago. I'm older than most posting on here; and as Mark has said, we of the over-age-40+ generation do not as 'readily' heal of brain injury to bounce-back-to-our-former-selves as the younger-aged-injured. Nonetheless, do not give up. You, like I, can & will be 'better' again. (And mind ya: I've *not* been all-patient-peaceful-faithful-enduring-hopeful all along the way --- no way! )

Just my update to present here, NT friends.

Best of wellbeing to all here,

Theta
Hey there,

Its really good that you are feeling better and think that the meditation and daily yoga would've helped you a lot in creating emotional/mental stability.

I hope that you are still well and have continued your meditation.

Cheers, Luca
lsamson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote