Thread: Three Months In
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Vanilla bean,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Sorry to hear of your injury.

I am confused as to why you have had 2 EKG's. Maybe the chest pain was cause for one but my suggestion is getting more neck and upper back diagnostics done. Tweeked upper cervical and upper back can cause your chest symptoms. I suggest you look for a Physical Therapist or maybe a Physiatrist (Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation) or even an osteopath (OD). It will take a skilled clinician to diagnose and treat the subtle injuries to your upper back and neck. An upper cervical chiropractor may also be worthwhile but only for the upper neck. C-6 to T-2 or so can get injured and inflamed causing chest symptoms. This can be a Thoracic Outlet Syndrome type of injury.

If you can get in to a Physiatrist, ask about an X-Ray series looking for cervical ribs (false ribs). They can be a problem, especially with your cluster of symptoms. I was referred to a PT who was a true healer for TOS/cervical rib issues.

I have had these chest issues and got the 'cleared of heart issues' after a stress EKG. I also developed a hiatal hernia from a slow stiff bowel from the neck and upper back inflammation that caused chest discomfort. I learned the up on the tip toes to hard on the heals maneuver to reduce my hiatal hernia when it acts up.

You should be icing your neck routinely. I have a recipe for crushable ice packs in the sticky at the top under Vitamins and Supplements. It is at the bottom of the first post.

If the ENT tries to alarm you about your thyroid, email or PM me. My wife went through a thyroid scare and we learned a lot about the thyroid as a fee generator. My wife has a lump the size of half a walnut. Get a thyroid hormone test done if you have not already.

Keep us informed. We are here to help and support you.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote