Thread: Pcs help please
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2013, 09:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pcs help please

Hi, new to the forum and desperately in need of some advice.

I suffered a concussion in January of this year. Symptoms continued and I was told it was PCS. To this day things aren't any better and I was also recently diagnosed with depression and severe anxiety. They reckon that one thing has basically lead to the other. To be honest I'm not so sure where the symptoms for one begin and the other end.

Where I live no one has heard of PCS and no one understands or even really believes it. It's been going on for so long now that my boyfriend/family think I'm just dragging it out and faking it. I've basically tried to stop complaining or mentioning anything because I know everyone is fed up with me. Naturally they assume that everything is ok then. I'm facing daily jibes of how I'm just lazy, don't want to work, there's nothing wrong with me etc. This is particularly upsetting because from the age of 14 I worked full time hours through full time school, tech and uni with a bit of voluntary work on the side. I'm 23 now, finished uni last year and this is the only break in work I've had. I've worked my butt off up until January but now I'm just lazy.

I'm at the ten month mark now and I'm not coping. I just want everything to end. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. How do you cope? How do you manage pain? I really don't know if I can take it anymore.

Thanks.
Weyhey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote