View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart This week, an 18th birthday Emotional and physical week

Wow,
The baby turned 18, exciting, but She is a senior this year so it is a scary time too. Instead of a car, she wanted a Disney Cinderella doll and Hello Kitty tech items for her computer and iPad.

I knew there were a lot of agency help as a child that were available, but now even Social Security is sending the checks until she graduates to her, not me as the payee. She just would rather I take care of things.

Just because her legal age changed, her needs didn't. I am really concerned. Her SSI was refused because of our income years ago, and would be now because of the SSD income. It is received because of my disability and her Dad's retirement until she graduates in June. She has the IEP and AHEAD agency is going to help with work placement. Only until June.

Now we have to start a claim for her disability as an adult. She just started working with a school counselor, but is resistant to the need. She fights her diagx, Aspergers as the social anxiety, anxiety/panic. She is angry with a diagx as a label, but it helps understand her unique personality and needs.

I had an emotional time with her birthday when I came across photos of her with De at previous birthdays and lost it.....my heart broke. I looked so deep into De's eyes like I was seeing her. I miss her so bad, her little sister is grown up now and she is missing it.

This was a difficult physical work week for me. I am recovering from a claim yesterday. It was a tree that brought a telephone line down and it hit a man in the face. The only thing it was out in a forest area where I had to climb down and up a cliff. Then through an acre of the overgrowth of thorned bushes. The slippery rocks with the fallen leaves made a huge challenge to navigate on a slope.

My calfs are burning and in spasms.

I came in today to read what my forum friends are up to for the weekend and get motivation to gets things done while the weather is nice and whine a bit.
Tough without help.

Yesterday I made a huge pot of ham and bean soup, when I went to bed I told th family to put it away after they eat. They didn't eat any......I found it still on the stove this morning. All that work soaking the navy beans, adding fresh from the garden veggies, it hurt my feelings! Why would anyone think it was not their job to at least put the entire pot in the fridge?????

I am the maid! No one picks up afte their selves, does the towel laundry, changes bed sheets or even vacuum for me.....nothing, nada, not lift a finger. It's all on me and my broken body....I am just the ATM machine.

So it is an emotional week....but, I better at least get my sore butt moving and do something. Like starting with tossing out my soup!
I think I need to hire help....dil has not been available as she keeps dgs when my son and I work, so it's very stressful on her mental health. So i dont ask anymore.

Sorry for typos, iPad is not best way to type.
Love ya all!
Di

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (10-12-2013), Dmom3005 (10-13-2013), Mari (10-12-2013), mymorgy (10-13-2013)