View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 02:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Amount of Therapy Needed Following Surgery, 3 1/2 Years so far, for me

Hey everyone, I've had TOS for about 33 years total now. I had surgery on one side 22 years ago and it made me worse, been on disability ever since. I also had 2 lower back surgeries, years ago, that left me with chronic lower back and leg pain. The physical therapists I saw back then were no help to me. They had no clue what to do with me. It was all the wrong stuff.

In last 3 1/2 years I've improved a lot, mainly by doing joint mobility exercises. The one's taught by Scott Sonnon and Steve Maxwell. I've also been doing a lot of self-myofascial release, and vacuum cupping. Those three things have helped me tremendously. I wish I had known about them years ago.

I've come to the conclusion, that having the right type of therapy following surgery is critical, and it may take years. I think it all depends on how long you've had TOS before you were diagnosed. It was 11 or 12 years in my case.

I also think, that the longer you've had TOS, the more of your body it starts to affect. It really helped me out a lot learning about fascia, and how it covers your entire body. Once I it started to understand that, and take a full-body approach to my movement, I started to make good progress.

Like I said, I've been working on this for 3 1/2 years, so far, but I feel like I can improve a lot more if I keep at it. I started making videos of some of the things I've been doing and posting them on my Youtube channel. I had a few people asking me some questions about the things I do, and I figured it would be easier to make videos, than to try and explain things here. Hopefully, they will be helpful to someone out there.

The link is below.

My Easy Cooking Channel

Last edited by Coop42; 10-12-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Coop42 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cyclist (10-12-2013), Jomar (10-12-2013), tosmother (10-14-2013)