Thread: coconut oil?
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 04:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupelo3 View Post
satwar, I would like to ask you a question. First, let me preface my question by saying that I have used coconut oil, although irregularly, for about 6 months. My PD symptoms have been stable for about 2 years since dx, and in some areas (balance and stiffness) I have actually improved. Of course, I have no idea if its attributable to the coconut, the variety of other supplements I take, the Azilect, my regular exercise routine (including Qigong daily and Tai Chi 3 times/week) or a combination of all.

My question is do you have any particular reason for jumping onto coconut oil other than your personal belief that it will work, and your confidence in the reports you have posted. With no disrespect at all, I just want to make sure that you don't have some vested interest that we are unaware of. I appreciate all of the information that you post on this topic. I just want to feel comfortable that it is being done for the right reasons.

Thank you,

Gary
I wouldn't say that I have a`belief that it will work, but rather that I wanted to give it a fair try and see what happens. My tremor had developed into a full time event and I was having difficulty feeding myself. I had decided to make an appointment with my neurologist within the next few weeks.

How I became focused on coconut oil was a strange series of coincidental events. I attended a local Parkinson's Society meeting where some research on a way of restoring health to mitochondria was reported on rat models, and proposed for potential treatment of Parkinson's in 10 years. In the meantime my wife had recently purchased a book in the health food store on treatment of Alzheimer's for a friend who's mother is very sick. My wife starting skimming the book and realized it had potential for treating Parkinson's, hence brought it to my attention. I started reading and was stunned that the book's theory about restoring sick mitochondria was very similar to the mainstream study on rat models (different agents but same goal).

Hence I began taking coconut oil. Within weeks I started noticing improvements and started increasing my dosage. The only condition I imposed on myself was that I would have my blood work done after a month because of my borderline cholesterol. If my blood work turned worse, I would stop the treatment. My blood work was outstanding, far beyond any expectations and never been better in my entire life, so I became committed to taking this treatment as far as I can. My family doctor stated that he saw no progression in my disease since I saw him two years ago (I had only started coconut oil several months earlier).

I no longer have any urgency to see my neurologist, and on my last regular six month appointment she said I was doing remarkably well for being diagnosed 13 years ago.

Hope this answers your question.

Last edited by satwar; 10-13-2013 at 04:34 AM.
satwar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moondaughter (10-14-2013)