View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 12:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default something i don"t understand

to quote you:
" I was diagnosed 13 years ago, so I'm surprised that I've improved as much as I have. I feared that too much brain cell death had already occurred after 23 years (including 10 years of hand tremor before being diagnosed). "
<you had pd symptoms for 10 years before diagnosis?

" I just upped the dosage to 10-12 tablespoons a day. I also upped the battle plan by eating Terry Wahl's recommendation of lots of vegetables for each meal. I also paid a nutritionist to design a meal plan for me, which cuts back on carbohydrates. Basically she said for my body weight I must eat 100 g of protien per day, which I get from Whey protein, pumpkin seed, sunflower seed, hemp seed, chicken, salmon. She then said I must eat whole vegetables at every meal, which I have 3 cups (at least), comprised of at least two from kale, brocolli, red cabbage, carrots. I also consume berries and large oat flakes every day. "
<So are you attributing all of the above? You seem to be advocating a total lifestyle change rather than just taking coconut oil.

"Hand tremor is my dominant symptom, and still flares up under stress.

Miraculously I now go whole days without any tremor at all, except in between doses of cocunut oil. If I don't take the coconut oil, all the above symptoms start to reappear again, so it's a life time commitment for me. It will be interesting to see how far this will improve, especially since my neurologist says there's nothing she can do, when I was almost disabled by my tremor."
"Meds 3 x 1.5 x 100mg/25mg levocarb and 3 x 1 x 1.5mg mirapex and 2 x 1 x 2mg trihex "
"I am still taking prescription drugs, but have not increased for two years (I've been on coconut oil for 4 1/2 months now)."
<You say you haven't increased your meds in 2 years? And your neuro said there was nothing else she can do? The med regime you describe is awfully low, especially the agonist, even for someone 5 years after diagnosis. I just take C/L and live with being under medicated but when I see my neuro he asks me if i want to try azilect, stalevo, or an agonist, especially neupro.

<so if you stop for 1 day your pd symptoms return? have you considered a before/after youtube video?

sorry, just a naturally born skeptic.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote