View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 01:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Day 133-WITHOUT Sinemet/Carb-Lev

Day 123 Review

As you may recall about 10 days ago Spoke to Neuro and the following change was made to my meds:

1) Motrin 800mg -- TERMINATED
2) Flexeril 10mg -- TERMINATED
3) Cogentin 1mg 1 in the am and 1 in the evening

Within a few days I was having all kinds of problems: limp and unresponsive muscles making it difficult to turn over in bed, get in the car, rise from a chair, etc., More loss of balance and difficulty walking, increased tremor of my right arm and hand, and generally a loss of fine motor skills requiring help to dress etc.---EDIT: FORGOT TO ADD FREEZING.

I had made this change to the pills thinking that the Flexeril and Motrin were the least likely of the three medications (including the Cogentin) to be giving me positive results on my Parkinson's. But really quickly I could see that, irrespective of the Cogentin, there were major benefits to taking the Motrin and Flexeril.

And so, after seven days without the Motrin and Flexeril, and after speaking to my neurologist, I added back the Motrin, 800 MG 2X morning and night and Flexeril 10 MG, one half tablet morning and night. I did not change the Cogentin.

Now, three days after adding back the Flexeril and Motrin I feel much better. So my meds are as follows:

1) Motrin 800mg One in the a.m. and one in the evening
2) Flexeril 10mg one half in the a.m. and one half in the evening
3) Cogentin 1mg 1 in the am and 1 in the evening

As I have said in the past there are no ups and downs with this regimen. I have stated quite emotionally in the past in this post that I wasn't sure if the swap-off (no Sinemet with certain symptoms versus Sinemet with other certain symptoms) was worth it. I sense that I will continue to vacillate positions as the days come and go. As for now, I will continue this experiment.

The next step will be to decrease and then terminate the Cogentin to discover the extent of the Flexeril and Motrin alone.

Jim

Last edited by I_Got_it_2; 10-14-2013 at 06:16 AM. Reason: FORGOT TO ADD FREEZING.
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote