View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 08:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Supplements to re-generate nerves after spinal cord compression

I had neuropathy and recently found out it is due to a tumour intradural extramedullary at T3 about the size of a grape which is large for the area and looks from mri like it is blocking 3/4 of the spinal cord.

Before I knew this I was taking all the supplements that Mrs. D. recommended (thanks) but with no relief, probably because now I know what I have I realise it may not have helped. I am having surgery Wednesday and am told that there is no way of knowing how much if any improvement I will get after. He is not yet sure if it is touching spinal cord itself. My walking is very off balance and I have numbness from toes to bra line. I can put up with the numbness if I have to but would dearly love to be able to get my mobility back to normal.

My question is would all these same supplements help/improve the nerves after spinal cord compression? Does anyone have any idea what is the timeline for recovery from something like this, obviously I will be asking surgeon but it is something I forgot to ask at the time. For example is the 3 month/6 month time as good as it is ever going to get or is there still improvement after a longer period?

Thanks for any help with this.
superstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote