View Single Post
Old 10-13-2013, 11:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have it in my left arm/hand, resulting from 3 surgeries to do median nerve release at the elbow and wrist.

My initial injury ( median nerve entrapment at the elbow) Initially started with the fingers curling in and arm curling up. It took over a month to get the fingers and arm moving with PT. I couldn't even force them open.

After my 3 surgeries and my RSD diagnosis I have little strength in my hand/arm. My fingers are slightly curled in. The fingers/area of hand the median nerve controls are numb. I occasionally have times where the hand will cramp up and curl in. It increases my pain level to unbearable amounts.

I try and use my "bad" hand as much as possible. As it is use it or lose it. In the process of using that hand I have dropped, had things stuck in my hand, broken numerous dishes, etc. I can say that I can notice a big difference; in what I can accomplish that I couldn't a couple years ago. I think mostly because I have modified how I do things somewhat so I can accomplish tasks.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Brambledog (10-14-2013)