View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 04:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default TBI, Brain Fatigue, Migraines, Dizziness; Functional Manual Therapy?

Thank you so much for generous post about vitamins and supplements regime. I will have a hard time convincing my poor 25 year old son to get on this bandwagon as he is still in denial after 10 months and is still hoping for some quick miracle fix. It is tearing my heart apart.

My son's life suddenly changed 10 excruciating months ago. I'd so much prefer seeing my own life change like this. I know I should be grateful that nothing shows up on his MRI and CATscan, that the vestibular and audiological testing hasn't shown anything - but he isn't well!!!!

My son has extreme brain fatigue (feels like his brain is fried) and glassy eyes after just a couple of hours of working on the computer; migraines; dizziness; and more. It's shocking to learn how little the mainstream medical community knows about all of this. We have been to so many doctors, here in NYC where we live. Searching now for a neck doctor to address the extreme tension in there. But would prefer a doctor or team of doctors who understand the interconnections between all the affected body parts. Seems to me treating this complex condition piecemeal makes no sense.

We will try something new tomorrow: Functional Manual Therapy. Has anybody heard of it? I know now that there is also ostheopathy, myofascial release therapy and cranio-sacral therapy - all are new to us, scary, expensive, probably not covered by our insurance. Seems like this path is one of trial and error, running from doctor to doctor, waiting and wondering. Very very tough...But thank you all for being there so I don't feel so terribly alone.
goaliemom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote