View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 07:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar View Post
Hi Aussie,

Thank you so much for those words of comfort, it makes me feel better about things and I know I have to be positive etc. and I will be. They did say there is a 5% chance of paralysis which is really quite low in the grand scheme of things. I can't wait for Wednesday because I can feel things are getting very slowly worse daily.

I will update when I can and thanks for replying. It is heartening to know that you still got improvement after such a long time so that gives me hope if things are not very good early on. I am 63 and know what you mean about the aging thing LOL.

Matey they made me sign a paper that read that there was a risk of death and paralysis. I said "paralysis... I can't even feel my leg!" Anyways they are just trying to disclaim of worst case scenario. I went into my surgery believing that I would walk again and I did. To be honest, even though 2 years have past, I am still healing. Try to be calm and tell yourself this surgery will have a fantastic outcome. It's well known here in Oz that you guys have some of the best neuro-surgeons in the world. I am sure you are in the best of hands. Please relax and only think positive thoughts. Whenever you get a chance please update us. (no rush)i Again,best of luck matey.

Aussie
Aussie99 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote