View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
If the compression is outside the cord, you have more chance of recovery. The CNS itself is thought to not regenerate. But many nerves can be compressed as they leave the cord and become the peripheral system. These have the ability to heal.

I'll be thinking of and rooting for you and your surgery.
Fish oil (a source of Omega-3) and the methylation vitamins,
methylcobalamin, methylfolate and activated (P5P) pyridoxine, are the helpers with nerve repair. They are the major ones.
Vit C and antioxidants are also helpful. Choline also is useful for repairing cell membranes.

You can add any others you choose as well. After any surgery zinc (in moderation) and good sources of protein will aid in tissue repair as well.
Thanks for that Mrs. D, I am not sure if the compression is outside the cord or not but will definately be asking that question on Wednesday, I certainly hope so. I am on steroids at the moment up until surgery and not sure about after so thought it best to stop any supplements to be on the safe side but will start again after taking to the doctor about when to start them.

I appreciate your input as always, you are an absolute asset to all of us here that are relatively new and I thank you for that.
superstar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (10-14-2013)