View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:19 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I bought glasses from Costco a few years ago, and they were so badly made that I could not wear them. I'm pretty sure they weren't centered right. There were imperfections in the lenses too. Blobs where it looked like blind spots that I've had from optic neuritis. I returned them, and swore to never buy glasses at Costco ever again. The employee that had helped me was also kind of rude about it. She said I "just needed to get used to them".

I had a similar experience at EyeMasters. Badly made glasses, and employees that thought I just needed to get used to them. Returned those too.

I've bought glasses at Lenscrafters, and they've usually done an ok job. At least when I had a problem once, they fixed it quickly for me. I just don't go to Lenscrafters anymore because they're at the mall, and I'd have to do a lot of walking to get to their store.

I get my glasses at my eye doctor's office now. Bought glasses there twice, and when I have, I'll ask what they have on clearance for the frames. I've gotten some nice frames that actually ended up being under $100 (frames only) Lenses were kind of expensive, but the fact that the frames were on clearance helped make the glasses a bit more affordable.

Plus, the guys at the eye doctor's office make sure everything is perfect, and don't try telling me that I just have to get used to the lenses if there is something wrong with them.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (10-14-2013), Erika (10-14-2013), jprinz99 (10-15-2013), SallyC (10-14-2013)