Thread: coconut oil?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 01:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default some unbearably insightul commentary

If anyone needs to break for a cigaret, now would be the time.

The info provided by Tanzi was of some value but still limited. In particular, I am far from convinced that the near - hysteria which comes with any discussion of cholesterol and with PD in particular - is warranted. There is a great deal of assuming going on. For example, why do PWP normally have low levels? How does that relate to our own need for it? Are we chronically deficient in it? If so, what are the symptoms?

The brain is made up of cholesterol - and a lot of it. It is even prudent to consider the posibility that a low level has an effect on the survival of neurons in general and in the SN in particular. Should this potential critical point be addressed before we make up our minds? And, with all due respect, should we not view the omission of the issue as reason to be cautious in our viewing of its remainder?

"We gotta lotta 'splanin' to do here Loos - ee!" <Totally OT, but I don't see how I survived before the "Grinning Like an Idiot" emoticon. It says so little while saying so much. Gosh! I think that I just enlightened my Kundalini or something..... (Now, observe the effect - )
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote