View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Yes, of course you are right. 60 minutes should also say that the VAST majority of folks really need the disablity and are NOT engaging in fraud in any way shape or form. The thing is, I actually know someone who did that, so it does happen. If the public, or individuals let it slide and not report it, it makes it bad on the people who do need coverage. I was kinda chewed on because I approved of this person I know that is reputable( a psychologist in the family), that reported the false claim. Heck I cheered for him!

Most people are good people, it is just a few bad apples that spoil the bunch.
It is so hard to get disability as it is. I don't want those few bad apples to hurt the rest of those individuals who are in real trouble and in need. Our country needs all the help it can get. Take care....ginnieeek:
Again, my prior objection was that your claim of fraud was based on a second hand report. You can't have it both ways and agree that many disabilities are not obvious to the naked eye and than claim someone is lazy and sits around watching tv, so they should be reported for fraud. Are there clear examples of fraud that should be reported? Yes. Some people work under the table while collecting benefits as one example.

Unless you've read a person's claim of what their disabilities are, and than seen evidence that refutes that, than you are perpetuating the same ideas about SSDI and fraud without any evidence.

Please put yourselves in the shoes of someone that has a psych claim for example--should they have to explain why they're receiving SSI or SSDI to extended family or neighbors? The information people post on this forum is not substantial enough for anyone of us to know who should actually qualify or be denied for benefits. Making those decisions is not an easy job, and as flawed as the system might be, I think it is more dangerous that an uniformed public should decide it's their job to police who should lose benefits.

Would you want to have to justify your benefits to someone that has no medical or legal background? CDR's are one way for SS to monitor us. If they need to increase them or put other steps in place to reduce fraud, I certainly wouldn't object.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote