View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 11:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi Debi,

A lot of information that SSDI wants about your limitations are generally not included in doctors notes. The way to get that information in front of SSDI from your doctor is through a Medical Source Statement, similar to an RFC used by SSDI.

An RFC is very similar to a Medical Source Statement except an RFC is completed by SSDI and an MSS is completed by your docs and submitted to SSDI.

If you do not have these type of statements from your docs, only copies of your medical records, I would strongly suggest that you have your docs complete Medical Source Statements as soon as possible.

I had a doc very supportive of my claim but it took 3 months to finally pin him down long enough for him to complete the form for me. Another one of my docs filled it out during one of my office visits on the spot. It all depends on the doc.

Hope this helps.

I forgot from your prior posts, are you represented by an attorney? If not, you can get a medical source form from the internet and take it to your docs. If you do have an attorney, he can supply you with a form or he can send a letter to your docs with the form asking that they complete it. Patients usually get a faster response from docs than attorney request for it.
Hopeless is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (10-15-2013), St George 2013 (10-15-2013)