View Single Post
Old 10-14-2013, 11:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by runnergal13 View Post
Hi,

I am a 23 year old female who is a graduate student suffering from my second concussion. I got this concussion last Tuesday at my university while taking a mandated health/ PE class for my degree. I was hit hard on the top of the head with a basketball. My symptoms appeared 24 hours later with dizziness/ nausea. Wednesday evening my head and scalp began to throb. I began slurring my words on Thursday and my motor function was not where it normally is. I went to the doctor and later the ER where I was diagnosed as having a concussion.

It's now Monday and I still am in pain. My motor skills are bad. I'm too afraid to drive and taking care of my basic needs is difficult. Even writing or reading is challenging. This is my second concussion since 2010 and I also have a preexisting condition of migraines with vertigo. When can I expect to feel better? My schooling is at stake so I have been extremely anxious and upset. Any suggestions would be helpful.
Sorry to hear about your injury. Can you give us some more info on your 1st concussion?
JohnZ622 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote