View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 01:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brachial6 View Post
I have been a chronic pain patient for many years due to a work injury followed by multiple surgeries followed by infection. The surgeries were more than ten years ago which left me with increased pain due to the infection from the operating room. I am on pain medication daily and I have found that outside noise really bothers me! I have bilateral brachial plexathapy, if I spelled it right! I'm just curious to know if others out there with chronic pain are bothered by noise as well? Thanks for any comments!

I, like you, cannot deal with noise. I have dealt with chronic pain for years as well. DX: Fibro, RSD (recently diagnosed), Chronic Fatigue, Sleep Apnea, Hypothyroidism and type II Diabetes. I also was hospitalized for cellulitis and several surgeries including back surgery. For me the noise is just too much stimulation.
DX with: Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Fuch's Cornea Dystrophy, Type II Diabetes, DDD, back surgery on Dec 2, 2008 (anterior fusion at L5 S1), DDD in cervical spine, Hypothyroidism, Venous Insufficiency. Hospitalization for cellulitis - three times. Surgery on both legs (2013) because of venous insufficiency Recently received a DX of RSD (2013). New doctor (Internist) researched some of my symptoms which brought her to RSD. She could never touch my right leg-or foot. I'm very hypersensitive even though I have peripheral nueropathy. If you even slightly touch my toes, I scream in pain. Not kidding. In 1985, I had Hammertoe surgery and when doctor went to take pin out of one toe on right side, it would not come out. Was in crooked. Had to use wire pulleys I think she called it. Afterwards, I could not walk for two weeks. Nerve damage - Only way to deal with it all is with laughter and good friends.
Kathy90277 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote