View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 02:48 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi Sltruck,

The panoramic xray that the OS took may have shown more of the anatomy than the periapical xrays that you posted here. However, it is clear on these x-rays that you have infection in the bone from both #30 and 31. I would bet that the endodontist is going to suggest in a nonchalant manner that you re treat them both.

I am very skeptical of the diagnosis that you were given by the OS. Based on my professional experience I think he recommended re treating with rct because either you seemed reluctant or hesitant of removing them and/or it was his way of avoiding a conversation with you about replacing them. I don't feel he had any valid excuse in doing that.

As I have said in an earlier post, if your goal is to cure the infection then you need to remove the source of the infection which is those teeth. Re treating one or both teeth is unfortunately not the cure .... it is simply putting a temporary band-ade on a potentially serious problem. The OS should have discussed all of that with you. I'm very sorry if he didn't

Only you can decide what you feel is in your best interest.
I wish you all the best!

Bryanna
I went to the OS office 100% ready to get all three teeth removed and not that worried about it because he is so well renown. I specifically asked him how can the retreat will reach down to the infection in the bone and his answer was through a medication. He talked with me for about 30 minutes about why he thought a re-root would be better than extraction. He said it might not last for the end of my life but if it lasts 5-10 years it will be better than extracting them all now because removing all 3 teeth has numerous complex and expensive issues related to it. Specifically he said "try a retreat on #31 and take out #32 before I do anything with #31 because the reabsorbtion on #31 looks stable."
Sltruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote