View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my lyrica hell

hello all,
I cannot tell you how relieved I was to find this forum and fellow lyrica victims.
I went to a clinic in florida to be treated for chronic fatigue symptoms, was hooked up to an IV daily for a month. this doctor claimed his treatment was 95% natural. I was so desperate at that point I agreed to his treatment without out knowing what all was in the drips. amino acids and vitamins, he said.
He also put me on several prescription medications to take after completing the month of IV's. One of those drugs was lyrica, the other hormone replacement therapy.
I felt great the first month or so after coming home, then started getting some weird numbness and tingling, first in my feet. So, after a little more then 3 moths on the lyrica and multiple other supplements he had me on, I stopped taking everything, cold turkey. To see what the culprit may be. No one had ever mentioned to me lyrica was addictive or that I should taper off. within days after stopping the lyrica, and supplements I felt like I was on a bad acid trip. I ended up in 2 emergency rooms with heart palpitations and anxiety through the roof.
I told the ER docs my history and about the IV therapy that was "proprietary" information, sure that something in those drips had caused this breakdown.
I even mentioned the lyrica. Panic attack they said. I had never experienced one and wasn't buying that in my 50's I would all of a sudden get anxiety.
I am telling this story6 months after the initial withdrawal. I had been on lyrica for 3 months, 100mg. a day for fibromyalgia, he said.
I had no idea my symptoms were from the lyrica, so when the pain came back I would take some for a few days, then feel crazy again. long story shorter, I finally, through my own research realized it was the lyrica.
this drug made me feel like I was loosing my mind. sweating, yet cold. all clothes feeling uncomfortable, pins and needles prickly feeling everywhere.
bowel issues i have never felt before and I still can't even verbalize the side effects as well as I would like to. I have severe memory problems, anxiety still off the charts, I cry for no good reason. I wanted to admit myself to a psych ward. all these last 6+ months not knowing why this was happening because that idiot doctor would not consult with me after he got his 15K.
I have come off of opiates and this withdrawal made that look like a walk in the park.
I have muscle twitches, weird sensory problems, the constant prickly feeling none of which I had before.
so its been 6 months since I took 100mg. daily and just a few days worth here and there since then until 2 weeks ago. The initial withdrawal was so intense for 2 months at least.....I would finally have a day where I felt the exorcism was over and I felt normal, then bang, the jaw clenching, etc. etc..
the worst part is my doctor here does not know of lyrica withdrawals or side effects. But lucky for me I found you folks before I killed myself. At least now I know what the beast is and pray it will end. It will, won't it??
thanks all for your input and any advice on how to minimize the side effects, please let me know,
peace.
scaredtd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-21-2013), Icanndo (10-27-2013), SunkissFL (12-26-2015), vbeck (11-20-2013)