View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 07:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Unhappy Spinal Haemangioma Question ?

Not sure where to start, my problems began when I hurt myself lifting a patient, ( I had some pain prior to this day & had seen a Dr with no help over several visits ) we were trying to walk her & I used my foot at the back of her heal to gently slide her foot forward, to encourage her to take a step, when a sharp pain shot up inside me into my private area, she lifted her legs off the ground & we were unable to support her & we gently lowered her to the floor, as we had no lifting equipment we tried to do an armchair lift & carry her to a lounge chair but my back gave out & I was in the most excruciating pain & felt my strength fade & my hands start to slip away from the other nurses hands as we lowered her into the chair. The pain was indescribable & the room was spinning. The resident physio examined me & was saying something about muscles & nerves & ganglion's, I was taken to my GP, who referred me to a chiropractor, to cut a long story short, the GP told me I had two alternatives,
1. To have my spine wire. The entire spine.
2. Chiropractic manipulation was the other.
He recommended the latter.
The verdict was pelvic & spinal rotation, Thoracic back, T7/T8, Intercostal Neuralgia, damage to my neck & tinnitus.
On a visit to my Osteopath, I was involved in a car accident & sustained broken ribs & exacerbated all my other problems, in the hospital I was diagnosed with multiple tumors in my uterus, so a hysterectomy was performed & the chiropractor referred me to main stream medical as he said he could no longer help me. Oh! and I developed diabetes.
Some time later I lived with pancreatitis for 18 months before my gallbladder was removed, still suffered with pancreatitis after that op & was told the gallbladder had done the damage & was told to give up drinking, I don't drink & never have. I insisted on a second opinion & several I.P.M.N tumors were diagnosed, the largest was right on the borderline of malignancy. Had too have the tail & body of my pancreas & spleen removed.
A recent MRI diagnosed, Spinal Haemangioma on the vertebral body L4/L5 ... L4 being the largest and close to nerve root, I have no idea if it is Benign or Symptomatic. I am a 64 yr old female. Today I asked for a second opinion to see a Neurologist but my GP said he wanted to make a phone call to see if it was worthwhile sending me to one, I am worried.
Would like some advice or if some help is available I would much appreciate it. Thank you.
cheryl48 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote