View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 01:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default REM Behavior Disorder

I have have many other medical problems, but I came here trying to connect with others with RBD. I had very little help with Klonopin. I was first started with 2 m.g. and slept most of the day. When I went down to 1 m.g. I started seeing some things improve. At least, I stopped sleep walking. Several times I had fallen, and even broken a few bones, so that was a good start.

I was still screaming, hitting, kicking and biting my poor husband. He put a bar on my side of the bed as I kept jumping out in my sleep. I was also pulling off his C-pap. I had been to a couple of Neurologists and they had nothing else to offer. So my husband did a lot of searching and discovered a couple of medical sites that described that they were finding that the combination of Klonopin, and Melatonin worked very well together. So I started taking 10 m.g. of Melatonin along with the Klonopin.

Before I started it, I went to see my Neurologist. She had never even heard of that. She excused herself and went to look it up. She said that she found the studies and they seemed very promising. So I starting taking it and it has made a huge difference. I am still having the screaming and night terrors, but all of the other symptoms are gone.

I hope to "meet" others with RBD and learn more.

Hummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain patch View Post
Hello Everyone,
I was put on 1.0 mg of clonazepam per night for controlling nocturnal frontal lobe seizures and REM sleep disorder. I have been on this dosage for 2 months now. It is actually causing more dreams, bad dreams and I feel like I am getting no sleep. It feels like it has made it worse. Do you think I should try going down to .5 clonazepam a night and see if that helps improve the dreaming/no sleep problem? Or should I try lorazepam instead? I used this a few nights before having the seizures and it helped for no dreams and getting real sleep.
I would appreciate any advise.
Thank you,
Brain
Hummie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (01-23-2014)