Thread: Recall Support
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 10:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

moose, after Lucy's entire incident- which is still ongoing with Hartford (Nutro's insurance company), I finished faxing them the papers Friday and we will see what happens next... , but after all this, Menufoods NEVER called me back. The FDA did call me once, but they basically said they had no say in anything and I would have to deal with the pet food company directly, which is what I am doing. It just seems very crooked. They are passing the blame around. Well, the FDA should have checked it, but the pet food company made it and should have inspected, or the FDA should have made sure it was inspected, and then they are saying that China shouldn't have even sent them this stuff - it is the blame game and they are trying to find a scapegoat for all this. What will happen in the long run is what I am waiting for.

I still won't buy food or treats at the pet store. Who knows? Maybe I never will again. Lucy eats Prescriptions Diet K/D canned food, which I am uneasy about but the vet requires her to eat it since she is on a special low protein diet after her kidney failure. Charley is eating homemade food that I make for him every few days, sometimes I make large batches and freeze containers of it. I give him a pet multi-vitamin to compensate for the lack of whatever may be missing from his chicken-rice-veggie stew that i make. I won't ever trust again these companies. I already knew that pet food was ground up leftovers or wasted animal remains, but now it has effected me too close to home. And this only reminds me of the terrible conditions in meat factories as well, as depicted in the book Fast Food Nation or even The Jungle. It is covered up because the highest political figures are in charge and can pay off inspectors or law changes whenever they need to. It is sad. Something good better come from this pet food recall: a reform in the way all types of food are made.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote