View Single Post
Old 10-16-2013, 08:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

There are thousands of nerves in the mouth and jaw bone that are in communication with your teeth. When a tooth is removed these nerves do not die off they simply re route and hook up with other branches of nerves.

Why do you ask? Are you have pain?

Bryanna[/QUOTE]

Hii bryanna, its after the extraction such on and off strange pain in the upper jaw, this pain was there before the extraction and after. Its been 1 month since the extraction, the sinus doctor seems to think its the main nerve causing cheek and jaw pain, its not the ajacent teeth although the cracked tooth that came out has caused me to have a physcilogical effect, I am petrified to eat on that side of the mouth, every time I try I almost have a panic attact remembering how strong the pain was prior to the extraction, I dont have a partial in yet, I just cant seem to find money, I think from not eating on this side has some how made my jaw shift, it doesnt feel the same when I bite my teeth together feels the whole jaw is shifted,. Because of not eating on the right side for 2 months total when I attempted to eat some hot food, a bite of meat loaf, the molar felt the heat, that scared me and I didnt attempt another bite. I am a mess bryanna, the pain in the upper jaw stays in the area of the right cheek, sometimes it goes into the cheek bone then back to the jaw bone across the upper teeth. This all started the day I went to a chiropractor and he cracked my neck within miniutes tmj pain and it then turned into this pain, that was in June. It feels like a bone if fractured. Sorry to bug you bryanna, thank you for reading this.
pennye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote