View Single Post
Old 05-19-2007, 11:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Vicky...

A few years ago I would not have had the same outlook.I have come to realise with PD that you cannot plan,you cannot assume,you cannot say how things will be in the future.It has taken me almost 12 years to shake off the "trying to fix the world and all who are in it" tag,
Believe me,I used to shoulder everyones hurts,fears,worries,anxieties and then try to deal with mine.I couoldn`t say NO to anyone so as a result Iendured serious burnout and fatigue.I was a perfectionist but achieved very little because I was too loaded with tasks to accomplish any of them successfully.
I hit the deck BIG TIME and considered all ways out of this life.
When my mum died...I wanted to go too,She was everything to me....but somehow you make it through.I had already nursed my father through a raw and ravaging illness.An orphan. Lost roots...a great gap in my life and I couldn`t imagine life without my two greatest friends.But you do make it.
And I was a primary school teacher,loved my job,loved the kids and spent many an evening weeping over those from a poor home.Having to retire at 40 years of age was another blow.Another change.
Vicky....we all have similar stories but hopefully can use this forum to uphold each other.
I don`t understand your diagnosis but would like to know more.That must be tough for you and I am sorry ..but it sounds as if you have a wonderful husband who is a tower of strength.That is precious.
Take care
x