Thread: Please help....
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jessica...I apologize because I just skimmed your post...I cannot use my computer for long.

I did not see if you stay on the gabapentin for any length of time. It is helpful for managing nerve pain and your pain is obviously extreme and I am sorry to hear you are dealing with all this at such a young age. How could you not be disheartened.

I have been going to a pain mgmt doc for 9 yrs and we have tried everything. my nerve pain stems from a Lyme Disease infection that left me with permanent neuropathy. When that was coupled with a herniated disc at C5 I was in the kind of pain that keeps one from any quality of life and sleep is a distant memory....I will tell you what I have done at extreme times. I cannot take Elavil because it knocks me out so I took it for only 3 days and slept most of that time.
Then, I got an ESI, Epidural Steroid Injection and while on the table, I asked the doc to do a series of trigger point injections where the pain was. This worked for me and helped me tremendously.

I am not saying this will work for you as surgery is what you sound like you need and you don't have health insurance. Extreme times call for extreme measures....there are websites where individuals can ask for donations
from anyone....you tell your story and people donate. I don't know the name but some google searches should find it, Also, how about telling submitting your story to the Dr. Oz show or the Doctors. I know these shows exploit those with health issues but they may step up with a doc to help. It is worth a shot.

Prayers go out to you as you try to manage this awful situation. Bless you dear...I wish you the best. D.
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote