Thread: Please help....
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 11:21 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Jessica...I looked up some of those websites where you can ask for donations for personal issues. I don't profess to know anything about them but I did meet a young woman like yourself who did not have insurance and raised money for her surgery. I know it is NOT the first choice for any of us but, desperate times call for desperate measures and if there is one positive thing you can say for Americans, they are generous and forthcoming with help when their fellow Americans need it. I live very close to Newtown CT and the generosity of folks during the school shooting tragedy came from all over the world, and was just amazing. People are basically good at heart and want to help when they can.

I would like to offer one piece of advice...please make your story more concise if you use these sites. Folks don't have time or patience to read a long story and there are alot of folks out there asking for help so do all you can to make sure they read yours. I would write it and ask family and friends for help or put it here and ask folks for their opinion. Read your story objectively...would I want to donate to this person. I wish you the best.
D.

pledgie.com
fundly.com
gofundme.com
wepay.com
giveforward .com
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote