View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 12:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

When I read your post about having a bout of dizziness after walking, it reminded me of the relationship between your vision and vestibular (balance) system.

You might have your vision examined by a neuro-opthalmologist to look for convergence, binocular and accommodation issues. Often the eyes can get misaligned after mtbi.

When you walk your brain must continuously receive messages from your eyes and then output to your body in terms of walking. If you are unsure of your gait while walking (i.e. having to constantly look down), this may signal issues with your vestibular system. If the walk triggers dizziness, it could be the brain getting overstimulated from input (vision) and output (vestibular).

It was a good call to postpone your studies-you can always go back. Best of luck!

Post-event: Diagnosed with post-concussion syndrome, ptsd, whiplash, peripheral and central vestibular dysfunction and convergence insufficiency. MRI/CT scans fine.

Symptoms: daily headaches, dizziness/vertigo, nausea, cognitive fog, light/noise sensitivities, anxiety/irritability, fatigued, convergence insufficiency, tinnitus and numbness in arms/legs.

Therapies: Now topamax 50mg daily; Propanolol and Tramadol when migraine. Off nortryptiline and trazodone. Accupuncture. Vitamin regime. Prism glasses/vision therapy. Vestibular therapy 3month. Gluten free diet. Dairy free diet. On sick leave from teaching until Sept. 2014.
berkeleybrain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anneo59 (10-31-2013), Mokey (10-18-2013)