View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 04:07 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default magnesium

Thanks Mrs D. I won't give up then. As to your question re ACE inhibitors, I quit lindopril some time back and need to update my profile. I can't blame the magnesium anymore I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
@ Rick: Magnesium can be sedating (or relaxing) to some people. It also dilates blood vessels, more so for those contracted to some extent to begin with.

I always put my mag lotion on at night. And that is when I used to take my SlowMag also.

You might lower your dose, or split it up during the day (which more approximates how magnesium is derived from food eaten). Or you might want to try the new topical form...Morton's. Enough does get into the blood stream if you apply it correctly. I rub mine into my wrists and inner arms where the veins show...for systemic absorption. It has been very helpful for me this way.

If I remember correctly you are using that ACE inhibitor still? That can be additive...since yours is one that enters the brain.
Since you use an ACE inhibitor, also, you may have some lowering of blood pressure as well. Can you take your pressures daily... before and after using magnesium? That may reveal something.

Once I quit the evil lisinopril, my mind cleared up considerably and I had much more energy. Not to mention I got my life back too.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote