View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 10:06 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Byranna,
Yep he will follow the protocol, and I will have those xray before they go in there and remove the amalgam on 17. Im just wondering now about how to proceed with the implant on 19. TE was done on August 14, so should I try and get this implant going or wait even more? Some say that it is better if you can get it in before the 3 month window so its not totally resorbed, and looks better cosmetically, but then again I don't want infection.

What are your thoughts about implants? I'm planning on more than one down the road even though its so pricey.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi medassist,

Glad to hear that you sought the holistic approach and had that damn tooth removed!!

You asked: My question is how and what plan should I approach when handling these teeth?
Large filling in #14- digital xray says its "ok"
extraction site #19 pan free ofcourse but
#18 dull pain . I will be getting a new xray on this tooth. Its kind of a guessing game, but I want to be systematic about dealing with this lower qdrnt that iv had problems with since April.

My answer: Teeth #14 and #18 could be hurting because you are over using them to chew with. By now there has been some shifting due to the removal of #19 so that can cause certain teeth to feel sore or achey. I would proceed ahead with the amalgam removal if both teeth look okay on the xrays. Sometimes pain is an indicator of a serious problem, sometimes it's something that is brewing and other times it is the result of over use.

I assume this dentist will be following the proper amalgam removal protocol?

Bryanna
medassist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote