View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 12:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm sorry you have rsd. It does stink, but people on this forum do understand what you're going through. I started going on this forum just to be able to talk to people who understand what I'm going through. I've had rsd for over 2 years and fibromyalgia for over 6 months. I don't know many people in my life who are going through these diseases, but have met many on this forum who do. I have learned helpful advice from them, and tried to help them too. Sometimes just venting to others who understand helps alot. The support on this forum is wonderful and I hope it helps you too. I get frustrated too when I'm told from one dr that I have possible rsd spread and from another that it's may be fibromyalgia and from antoher that it's may be a pinched nerve and from anther that maybe I should see chronic pain therapist to deal with the fear of rsd spread and constant pain. It's so frustrating. I already see a gp, pm dr, nuerologist, rheuatologist and physhiatrist. I can't afford the drs they suggest anyway. They are always out of network and I'm drowning in medical debt as it is. And it's frustrating when my family tries to give me advice. They tell me to exercise more and to get out and socialize more. It's hard when you hurt all over all the time and feel like you're going to get sick from all the pills you take. And it's hared to try to explain to people what's wrong with you only to hear them say that "I look okay". It make me want to scram too. I know they are trying to help but the drs don't really know for sure what rsd is about and family members don't know how hard it is to exercise with the pain we go through everyday and how hard it is to deal with people who question what's wrong with you. I do understand how you feel and am here if you ever need to vent. Sometimes, just venting helps me get through the day a little easier. Knowing you're not alone helps alot, and you are not alone on this forum. There are wonderful and compassionate people here who are going through what you are. I hope you feel a little better today and that you can find something you love to do even with rsd. My thoughts are with you. Take care.
RSD ME is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote