View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Myelogirl,

Anger is normal and understandable, and venting is permitted.
The 5 Stages of Loss and Grief
These stages also apply to any life-changing event, including chronic illness.

The question IME is what to do with the anger and other negative emotions/feelings we go through. We can let them consume us, or we can channel/focus/use them in more constructive/positive ways.

The Japanese have a saying I try to follow: Fix the problem—not the blame.

IME, playing the blame game doesn't help. It doesn't accomplish anything, and it can be self-harming.

In the long run it doesn't matter how you got where you are (medically) because it can't/won't change anything. You are where you are and can only look/go forward from here.

I think there may be some folks here with some ideas on how to help you proceed and move forward. Some of that may involve seeking out a better neurologist—I don't know. There is good information here on vitamins, supplements, and nutrition. There are years of experience & wisdom of past & present members in the forums and archives.

Like I said, venting is ok. Is there any way anyone here can help you?

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (11-23-2013)